Whether or not they have it, most homeowners can tell you at least a couple benefits of installing siding on their home. One of the biggest benefits of vinyl and aluminum exterior siding is the long-lasting curb appeal it adds, which can pay off handsomely when it’s time to sell the house.
Being maintenance-free, durable and giving the home more insulation, which increases home comfort and decreases energy bills, are also among the better-known benefits of siding.
One of the reasons that most people can list at least a couple benefits of siding is that siding materials, including vinyl and aluminum, have remained virtually unchanged for decades.
That is, until now.
Vipeq Thermal Corkshield™ Sprayed Insulated Cork
Chouinard Bros. is pleased to announce that they now offer their customers an option to traditional siding products. Vipeq Thermal Corkshield™ Sprayed Insulated Cork offers all the benefits of vinyl and aluminum siding, and many more.
Unlike vinyl and aluminum, Thermal Corkshield™ is not a rigid siding material. Instead, it is sprayed on over your existing siding or brickwork.
Cork is a natural product that features remarkable properties as a siding and insulating material, while not harming the environment. Those properties mean homeowners can enjoy the following additional benefits when they choose Thermal Corkshield™ for their siding application.
- Sound Insulation – In addition to superior heat and cold insulation, Thermal Corkshield™ muffles sound transmission to keep out exterior noise and make your home or business noticeably quieter.
- Protection for Your Home – Thermal Corkshield™ is aero-elastic which gives it the flexibility and resilience to absorb impacts without damaging the surface beneath it.
- Fire Retardant – Cork is a natural, eco-friendly fire retardant that doesn’t release sparks or transmit flames.
- Durability – Thermal Corkshield™ is unaffected by extremes of heat and cold. It is not faded by sunlight. It is waterproof, mold and mildew resistant and discourages insect infestations.
- 10-Year Warranty – When applied by professionals, a Thermal Corkshield™ installation is protected by a 10-year warranty.
And Mike Holmes Loves It! – As if all those benefits aren’t enough, in addition to designating Thermal Corkshield™ as a “Holmes Approved Product”, Mike Holmes is quoted as saying that it’s the “product of the century”.
If you liked this post, check out our recent article about how to tell if your roof has hail damage.
Please note: Chouinard Bros. does not recommend any homeowner complete repairs to their roof of their own. Our technicians are skilled at performing this work and have received years of training to understand how to complete repairs safely.