Tree Canada is the leading national tree planting charity in Canada. As a not-for-profit, they’re dedicated to improving the lives of Canadians by planting and nurturing trees while teaching about their value. Chouinard Bros. will plant 5236 trees based on 2018 reroof sales figures, and will continue to plant one tree for every $1000 of completed reroof, siding or eavestrough jobs in 2019. By choosing Chouinard Bros. you’re directly impacting the National Greening Program impact too!
Proud Partnership with BP
Chouinard Bros is a Platinum Certified Installer for the top roofing materials manufacturer in Canada. We proudly partner with BP because of their ongoing environmental efforts. Their efforts include and are not limited to:
- REDUCING OUR ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT – BP is revolutionizing the method of stacking shingles on pallets to additionally reduce waste during transportation. Read more about the new stacking standards.
- RECYCLING PAPER – BP has a paper recycling depot at the Edmonton plant
- REDUCING WASTE – BP has reduced waste by HALF at the LaSalle & Edmonton plants
- NATURAL WOOD FIBRE – BP uses a 100% recyclable natural wood fibre for roof insulator materials. Made from recycled wood (post-industrial waste and post-consumer waste). The residue from this manufacturing process is converted into safe fertilizers that are given to local farmers. And most materials are purchased within a 150km radius of the plant to reduce carbon trail. Read more about Natural Wood Fibre.
Chouinard Bros is proud to work with Owens Corning Supplies. Owens Corning is recognized as a leading global producer of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composites. As a consistently awarded corporation and an environmental leader in the space, we are proud to share their efforts:
- 100% WIND POWERED – Owens Corning signed power purchase agreements that resulted in new wind capacity in Texas and Oklahoma which enabled them to bring the first-ever insulation products to market that meet the SCS Global Services certification protocol that confirms the electricity used to make them is 100% wind powered thereby reducing their carbon footprint.
- ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED – Many of the roofing shingle products exceed ENERGY STAR® requirements for solar reflectance of .25, the fraction of solar energy reflected by the roof.
- RECYCLED CONTENT CERTIFIED – Many of the insulation products use pre-consumer recycled content.
- ASTHMA AND ALLERGY FRIENDLY – They offer the world’s first building insulation product to receive the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America’s certification to be more suitable for those with asthma or allergies.
Preferred Service Partner for the leading home builders in Canada
Authorized Service Partner for Lowes Canada and Rona Home & Garden
Platinum Certified Installer for the top roofing materials manufacturer in Canada