Lucky you – you own a home in South Central Ontario! That means, to stay comfortable year-round, you need a home that endures sweltering heat, humidity, freezing temperatures, and enough snow and ice to please a polar bear.
In other words, your home must stay warm or cool through a greater range of conditions than most other homes in the world.
So now you know the importance of attic insulation in our homes!
The Benefits of Blown Attic Insulation
Of course you know that your attic insulation helps keep your home warm in winter and cool in the summer when you’re running your air conditioning. But that simple-sounding task calls for insulation that’s just right for your home and needs. Hiring the right insulation contractor will keep your home energy costs as low as possible so you can have a sigh of relief when your energy bills arrive in the mail.
- Consistent Insulation Capacity – R-value is the rating of insulation’s ability to insulate. The higher the better. But some types of insulation, like fibreglass batts, can lose some of their R-value if it gets wet. Blown-in insulation maintains its R-value wet or dry.
- Relatively Low Cost – Compared to other types of solutions, we offer blow-in and spray-foam insulation which prove excellent value for your investment.
- Faster Installation – You won’t have to worry about insulation installers being in your house for too long if they are installing blown insulation. Our insulation services are optimized to get the job done right, and fast!
- Fills All the Gaps – Fibreglass batts can leave gaps in your insulation, especially if it isn’t installed properly. Our blown-in insulation can reach every corner, gap, nook and cranny in your attic for more complete coverage and no costly gaps.
- Maintain Airflow: Baffles are placed between the rafters which allow fresh air to flow into the attic from the soffit vents. It is important that baffles (aka moore vents) maintain airflow from the soffits since proper air circulation in the attic will prevent moisture build up and unwanted problems.
Why Choose Chouinard Bros. for Attic Insulation in South Central Ontario Homes
As important as using the best attic insulation for your home, one perfectly suited for our unique climate, it’s equally important to install it properly.
Our insulation experts assess your attic to determine how much insulation is needed and where it can be best used. The installation team is trained, experienced and well equipped for the safe, fast and clean installation of different forms of insulation which include blown-in fibreglass and cellulose insulation as well as spray foam insulation– perfect for places that normally allow air to escape more easily. Excellent for creating a vapour barrier that will not allow air to pass from the unconditioned to the conditioned living areas.
We Can Insulate Your Walls and Cathedral Ceilings Too!
The same effective blown cellulose insulation that works so well in your attic can be used to insulate your entire home.